Exit Preferred Realty's Blog
Exit Preferred Realty Realtors Attend 16th Annual International Convention
Tim Smith Owner/Broker of EXIT PREFERRED REALTY along with Jim Cramer, Director of Sales and Eric Gossard, Realtor joined real estate professionals from across North America recently at the Exit Realty International Convention in the Disneyland Resort Hotel and Convention Center in Anaheim California.
This convention is an annual event that brings top real estate professionals together to interact, learn and inspire each other and promote discussions about issues and trends in the real estate market. A high point of the event was the special awards ceremony presided over by EXIT Realty Corp. International CEO and Founder, Steve Morris as he handed out awards and recognitions to the top agents. The Convention was a fun-filled learning experience, EXIT INTERNATIONAL held a phenomenal, life changing experience event with great speakers & training.
Every day was full of excitement; this year’s extraordinary featured speakers were John Maxwell- Leadership Coach & Best Selling Author, His leadership philosophy is simple: “Everything rises and falls on leadership. He has made it his life’s passion to develop leaders at all levels and has had the privilege to write over 70 books and spoke about what it takes to become a great leader. Judy Ladeur, International Speaker & Recruiting Specialist, She has joined a real estate management team where she developed her own recruiting & training systems. She taught us about her proven systems, and techniques and “how-to” info to make a difference in our offices. Verl Workman, International Speaker & Real Estate Coach, He taught us about new ideas, new insight and new instructions that will help us produce real results in the real world. He taught us how to employ professional systems and apply today’s technology in practical proven ways that will help to maximize our time, dominate the market and build our business.
In a recovering market, some sellers might be tempted to try and sell their home on their own (FSBO) without using the services of a real estate professional. The real estate agent is a trained and experienced negotiator. In most cases, the seller is not.
The seller must realize the ability to negotiate will determine whether they get the best deal for themselves and their family.
Here is a list of some of the people with whom the seller must be prepared to negotiate if they decide to FSBO:
- The buyer who wants the best deal possible
- The buyer's agent who solely represents the best interest of the buyer
- The buyer's attorney (in some parts of the country)
- The home inspection companies which work for the buyer and will almost always find some problems with the house
- The termite company if there are challenges
- The buyer's lender if the structure of the mortgage requires the sellers' participation
- The appraiser if there is a question of value
- The title company if there are challenges with certificates of occupancy (CO) or other permits
- The town or municipality if you need to get the COs permits mentioned above
- The buyer's buyer in case there are challenges on the house your buyer is selling
- Your bank in the case of a short sale
Credit for this article and extensive list goes to The KCM Crew at keepingcurrentmatters.com http://goo.gl/7JeIME
This list is pretty daunting. My strong negotiating techniques have been frequently welcomed by sellers we have represented. I'd love to talk with you about how they can work for you too. Give me a call - Tim